Our consulting model applied to MBO in organizations is based on three pillars:
1. Definition / revision of the required elements
The implementation of a model of MBO requires the prior definition of the following elements:
- Strategic framework formed by the values, mission, policies, strategic lines of action, goals.
- Map of key processes.
- Organizational chart and job description .
- Strategic Plan defining the objectives of the organization.
The objectives defined for the entire organization will be transferred to different areas and departments. Their leaders, to achieve them, will define a set of projects or actions. The projects and actions will be assigned to teams. With employees we will agree some performance levels associated to roles, tasks and behaviors.
3.-Definition of supporting tools
To complete the implementation of the model of MBO we will need to have:
- A set of KPI to assess the level of performance achieved by people.
- A model for the establishment of agreed commitments (objectives, functions / tasks and behaviors).
- A model for the allocation of rewards that can be composed of a variable remuneration system, a set of incentives and benefits, career plans and training plans.
- A model for monitoring and evaluating performance.